Video games are a smashing hit from the arcade to the comfort of your living room. It has practically taken the kids by storm. Year after year new games, new gadgets, and gaming devices were introduced to the market. In this computer age, we are introduced to many online and downloadable games such as mine craft, League of Legends, and Elder Scrolls Legends Gold.
In every turn of a decade, technology has highly impacted the gaming industry. Technological advancements has shaped the arcade. This article will give you five incredible ways that technology has changed the gaming industry.
5 Areas that Technology Changed in the Gaming Industry
- Graphics. You will agree with me that during the arcade days, graphics are pix-elated. You can see them in every move of Pacman or even the first Super Mario games. Now, everything comes in 3D, it can even look so real in virtual games, thanks to hardware upgrades and fresh minds that made it possible.
- Portable. From the big machines in the arcade, you can now take your game anywhere as technology made gaming more and more compact to the point that it is small enough to pocket.
- Three dimensions. In the era of Kong, there are only two dimensions. Players are limited to what the platform has to offer and eventually they grew exhausted. These days most games are three dimensional and looked better with graphic enhancements. These combination has made gaming so much better with greater challenges.
- Online gaming. The internet has brought together good players, gamers from all over the world, testing their skills, and getting the right recognition they deserve. It’s an in thing, you no longer have to pay your neighbor just to spend some time to play with you.
- Playing against computers. In a more fancy term, the Artificial Intelligence. It gets boring when you get to play on your own and challenge yourself all over again. In this era, you don’t have to play alone and do the same stuff that you already know. Challenge the computer, with Artificial Intelligence, you will even get better in the gaming world.
Technology has so much to do with the way our kids play today. They take over everything in the house, from the living room, to the kitchen, and their rooms.
Watch: 4 Futuristic Gaming Technology That Will Blow Your Mind
There’s more in the bag when it comes to technology and gaming. Who knows, next time you will be playing with Holograms, or even transported to the world of Kong and Super Mario, or even doing and hand to hand combat at the League of Legends.